Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My gluttony

All over my knitting lists hand knitters are speaking of yarn diets and knitting from stash and such. I have taken the pledge, not counting my STR club, which I simply could not pass up. I read handknitbyafailedfeminist blog today and chuckled. I'm guessing I could easily cover my kingsize waterbed, and perhaps go to 2 layers of all the sock yarn I've been hoarding. Not intentionally hoarding, lovingly gathering, with the fullest intention of knitting each and every gorgeous skein. And then I get distracted, off to another project, ooh there's a new kit on Whenever, and then I go to a festival or fair and ooooh look at that yummy yarn, and... well you know how it is, and how it goes and suddenly, as I take stock, I realize just how gluttonous I have been. I confess, despite my best intentions, I am a confirmed yarn pig!! I have it everywhere -- all over my house, and crammed under my desk in my office. YIKES!

2007 is my year of destashing, trimming down and thinning out. I've started this project more than a dozen times. The truth is, I don't even know what I have anymore, and any list that I started is long since outdated and obsolete. I'll let you know of my progress and I'll post pictures as I get more organized.

No comments: