Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Holiday knitting in progress

I've been knitting! Hats and socks and wrist warmers and I think the next will be the Belle Cardigan sweater from the Fall 07 Interweave. Karen made it in a weekend, and it looks fabulous on her. I see Mike's mom in it.

I love and hate holiday knitting! It really gets me motivated, but I always put myself under pressure, and when I knit like that I make beaucoups mistakes, which means lots of frogging . Today, knitting on Alec's cap my circular needles separated from the cable. ACK!! 10 stitches fell off, but I gathered them up and put everything on a set of DPNs . I've not pictured anything except Cody's socks and Nik's hat.


Weather alert, snow in the forecast for the whole day tomorrow! I am not a winter person, but I really love to watch it snow, and especially this time of year! Predictions are for around 6" out where I live, and slushy rain in NYC where I will be working. But the weather dudes are hedging their bets, saying if the storm tracks differently than they are expecting now, accumulations could change radically! Fun commuting!!!

No comments: