Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sock's for my Sister


For a long time, I've wanted to knit socks for my sisters. I have 4 of them, they are all younger than me. This is the year. Here's the first pair, for Elisabeth, who turns the big 50 this month.

They are Elfine Socks, and I'm using Socks that Rock. The yarn really lets the pattern pop, and after I charted it, it became easy enough to commit mostly to memory with an occasional peek. I think though that I need a smaller needle to get better sizing. I will continue as I'm pretty sure these will fit her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got my siocks in the mail today and they are amazing!! Susan is really talented with those sticks! Eveything she makes turns out beautifully. I have my socks on right now and I love them. Oh, but Susan is wrong about one thing. I'm really only 40 and I plan to stay forty for another 50 years. ;-)