Saturday, October 06, 2007

What? I can't listen to music I've purchased?

The lead attorney for Sony BMG announced publically that copying music you legally purchased for your own use is illegal.

Song BMG has gone on record, stating that “When an individual makes a copy of a song for himself, I suppose we can say he stole a song. Making ‘a copy’ of a purchased song is just a nice way of saying ’steals just one copy.’”


"WHAT?! If I buy a CD, she’s saying I cannot save it to my own computer, and then listen to the CD in my car? Or… I can’t listen to it on my iPod? All of these items were purchased legally, including the CD. So why in the name of everything I hold precious can I NOT listen to MY OWN MUSIC?"

"The music industry has gone too far. It is allegedly hurting financially so much due to file sharing that it is now making it nearly impossible for people to legally listen to their own music. Album sales have decreased dramatically. Yes, that’s true. However, telling me I cannot listen to the music I BUY from you in any way I want is not going to help your bottom line, Sony. All that is going to do is ensure I don’t purchase ANY music from you ever again."


"Stop the insanity."

Thank you Chris Pirillo of Lockergnome for stating my thoughts exactly!


Chris Live Tech Support Video Help Add to iTunes

No comments: