Sunday, March 04, 2007

I Have a Cold

Beware, whine content...

I have had this annoying head cold for 4 days. I'm not sick. I'm MISERABLE! My sinuses feel like someone used them for a balloon, I can't lie down comfortably, I can't sit up comfortably, I can only breathe thru my mouth and I want it to GO AWAY!

Ok, I'm done for now...


I didn't knit yesterday, just didn't feel like it, although I prepared everything to do so. Today, I already have tools, lap blanket and various sundries ready. I'm using the Moss Stitch Jacket pattern. I love moss stitch especially for baby things, easy to knit, looks great and gives a bit more structure. And I love this Debbie Bliss book - Baby Style (NAYY) - I use it over and over again. I have lots of other baby books, several of them authored by Bliss, but I seem to always come back to this book. It has a wide variety of patterns, and a wide variety of styles and techniques. I love her simplicity!

So once I get the laundry started, and take out Sunday dinner from the freezer, I'm going to my knitting corner with a cup of tea, and I won't come out til I finish! (ok, maybe a little break here and there) My goal is to finish this sweater before I go to bed tonight. Think I can do it?

March madness is on its way. I mean NCAA basketball. Truthfully, I don't watch basketball at all anymore, tho I'm still a hard and true Celtic's fan, but when March Madness comes around, I get the fever. I guess it means spring is here, or winter is just about over, I don't know. Whatever it is, I make up the just-for-fun office pool, set my brackets, watch the games, or listen to them, and check out all the scenarios. I always root for the Connecticut Huskies, or if they don't make the cut, Duke and Gonzaga (don't you just love that name?). I really have a blast with it! One of these days, I might get tickets to the semis or finals even.

Oh yea, I have a picture of the socks I knit for my wonderful mother-in-law, Connie. They were to be Christmas socks, but I didn't finish them til the middle of January. I gave them to her the last time we visited, I hope they fit her. I used Socks that Rock in Pink Granite and a pattern from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks (NAYY) and did my first afterthought heel. It's a great pattern, one of the chevron patterns.

Ok, I've run out of things to say right now and I want to knit!

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Cute socks! I have to see if I can find the dutch version of Debbie's book over here too :-)

Ah... you lucky ones with all the snow! Here we had rain... and plenty of it.

Love, Bianca