Monday, February 18, 2008

On my needles


A co-worker's DM-I-L has breast cancer. I offered to knit some caps, I knew, based on what she told me about her chemo, that she would lose her hair, and quickly, and it's still winter here. But she said no, she was going to buy her MIL a wig, and I left it at that. Last week, she asked if she could take me up on my offer. I of course said yes, and I've knitted 2 hats, and have another on needles. The brown is soft boucle from Hobby Lobby, the green, well it's mystery yarn. I don't know the manufacturer, but it's similar to Lion's Homespun and about as soft. The third is a cornsilk/cotton blend, white blue & green variegated. I'm doing a turban style for this one.Three more are waiting in the wings, 2 simple caps, one with a rib, both in Berroco Chinchilla, one red, one black, and finally the third I think will be a cable or lace one.


1 comment:

Bianca said...

Prayers for your co-worker's DM-I-L. You have done a nice job with the hats thus far.